13262538

I was divorced last June and my husband put property adjustment

Customer Question

I was divorced last June and my husband put property adjustment order in the divorce papers, nothing has happened with it , does he need to do anything about it or do I,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX
Do you mean that he ticked the box on the petition?
Or that there was actually an Order made regarding the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he ticked the box on the petition,

What agreement have you made?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

none , he wouldn't discuss anything and left me penniless

went off to Cambodia 4 years ago , didn't come back till 2 years later for a few days , and wouldn't agree to any settlement , I ended up paying off his debts if and when I could.

What assets and debts are there?
How long did you live together and are there any children involved?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we own a piece of land we live on , but we are not meant to , but since he left, the council have left us alone , but that could change and I will be homeless, I have 2 sons 27 and 29 , the youngest lives here with me,

we were married just short of 40 years,

I earn £624 a month plus rent the yard to my sons for £200 a month ,

I have no savings as he left me with a £5500 court case that he used my name in as well so I had to pay that,

he was earing £4000 a month the last I heard,

But since he divorced me , I have since found out he was living with a 28 year old for the past 3 years,

I have just paid off the last of the debts, which I borrowed of family,

How much is the Land worth?
What do you actually live in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

\when he left it was valued at £20,000, but since then we have Agricutural planning on it , so now valued at about £100,000

We live in 2 old wooden mobile homes , that are rotten and damp,

What debts have you paid off - and do you think he has other assets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, £5500 court costs regarding planning here 3 years ago , £800 electric bill,

His mother died 30th January 2012 so was left about £30-40,000 from her property sold,

judy

He has a large income - may I ask why there is no house involved?
clare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We had a 4 bed semi, which he sold to build a house on this 3 acres here,, but if he doesn't get his own way , threatens people and the council didn't take too kindly to that , so put an eviction order on here , but he kept putting planning in to stop that, but the planning consultant he last got to do it ,he wouldn't pay them and why the £5500 court cost, he had put my name on them as well, so I had to borrow the money to stop the bailiffs coming in,

On Linkdin he says he is a Vice President, of ccpl global, no idea if this is true,

What happened to the sale proceeds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He put £109.000 in the bank not savings , spent some on here , the rest he dwindled away ,

We had planned to put it in a savings account , to pay for the new house,

but I trusted him then , so didn't check, it was all gone within 2 years,

That is interesting - have you seen the bank accounts showing where it went?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was put into a joint bank account in Jersey , but he gave me money if and when I needed it. It closed down when he kept owing the bank money, so I know there is nothing left,

Do you think he will agree to transfer the property to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, he will use it in case his life doesn't work out

he is nearly 63 , and I don't think he has enough money to retire on for the rest of his life, so I think he will try to crawl back and will want half of this place,,

I am afraid that your only option is to apply to the court within the Divorce proceedings for the Financial issues to be dealt with and to ask that the property be transferred into your sole name.
This is done using a Form A available here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form-a-eng.pdf
The fee is £245 - but you may be eligible for Fee Remission - details here
http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/forms/hmcts-fees/ex160aeng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help, you have been so helpful to me and I really, yes I have checked and putting in place the advice you gave me, so only time will tell if I win and get hold of the property,,,,, Xxxxx Xxxxxx

Hi Judy
You are most welcome - good luck