13262538

Hi i have a 7yr old child with an ex partner, he hasnt seen

Customer Question

Hi i have a 7yr old child with an ex partner, he hasnt seen her since she was two, we split becoz he was violent towards me infront of her. This last year he keeps sendin me messages threatenin to get her from school or approach her in the street. If i dont reply to his messages he threatens to come round my house, this year he gave me permission to change her second name from his, but only if i put in the solicitor letter that i wont ever have csa from him (hes never paid any anyway) this weekend he was sendin me messages tryin to stir things between me and my family so i blocked every line of contact he can use to get at me, as rvenge he has got in touch with my childs school and requested all reports letters etc be sent to his home, he has no interest in my childs well being and just wants to get at me, what can i do
Just to check - is he named on the Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes he is
What is your concern about him having copies of the school reports and letters?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is just using it as a way to get at me he doesnt actually care about my child, hes threatened to get her from
School before and would txt me at 3pm sayin nearly pickin up time, im worried hes goin to know what clubs shes at or where she is and take her or come to sports days etc and cause trouble.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Says my solicitor has gone off line now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi is anyone answering me
My apologies for the delay.
Apart from this continual baiting of you - has he actually ever tried to take her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No its all threats all the time and if i dont keep contact with him then he does things to get at me like this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
It keeps tellin me my experts gone offline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi is anyone answerin this i dont seem to b gettin anywhere with it
My apologies for the delay - a longer than expected Hearing
You cannot remove his parental Responsibility - only adoption does that - so he is entitled to the school reports.
You can, if you wish apply to the Court for a Child arrangement Order stating that the child lives with you
This means that your ex can no longer threaten to collect her from School.
However it does mean that you have started Court Proceedings within which he can ask for Contact with the child
I appreciate that this is not good news and that it means this man can continue to torment you - only you can judge whether the court application would be worth it.
If it is then the starting point is to go to Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So all this doesnt count as harassment? I feel i cant safely leave her at school or brownies or anywhere ive had to change my fone number and can not use any social media anymore he doesnt pay csa and threatens court for acess to lily if i do and yet there is nothin i can really do?
You can try reporting the messages as harassment - you have asked him not to contact you and he is continuing to do so.
What you cannot do is stop him receiving the School reports
If you are that worried that he will take her then you need to discuss matters with his usingFamily mediation and then apply for a Child Arrangement Order