13262538

I was in a refuge with my daughter a few years back due to

I was in a refuge with my daughter a few years back due to violent relationship I was in . I am on antidepressants from the day I lived in the refuge .Two years back I have moved in into the house which belongs to me and my ex. He had moved out a broad and I haven't seen him got those two years . I got married recently just two weeks ago and my ex somehow find out about it maybe through my daughter . Apparently he is coming back and he will be a quite often at the address I live at the moment.
I was mentally and psychically abused by him. I just don't want him to come in to the house when he wants to and bother me and start to mentally abuse me again. Please could you tell me what I can't do to keep him away.
One thing more he hasn't been paying child maintenance for more than a year. Can I do something with this as well. He left as well depts on a council tax on this house as well on the house bills .
Please could you help me ?. I don't want my health to go down the hill and him destroying me again.
How much is the house worth and how much os outstanding on the mortgage?
How old is your daughter?
What income does your ex have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The outstanding mortgage is 195 k and I pay only interests because it's not worth to pay anything else. It is not worth it to sell it because recently underpinning took place so that automatically deductes the price from the house . Maybe it is worth it 210k. He doesn't leave in this country he left England 3 years ago and he leaves in Poland with his second wife .
He supposed to pay me £180 child maintenance which was decided by polish court 2 years ago . We have been divorced 4 years.
He left loads of depts for council tax , mortgage which I had to pay when I moved in with my daughter , council tax for 2 k and water bills not paid , and some depts in the bank as well.
He txt me recently saying that he is coming to next week and he wants to stay in "his"house because he has business to do . I recently got married and we staying in the house . Can he just come in to the house whenever he wants to even though we are divorced?. Can I stop him somehow at the border for entering England ?. Or maybe it's is possible to take him off the mortgage due to him not paying it at all and lack of any money towards our daughter. I scared of him too , he is a violent guy is it possible to get some kind of support from the police?. I txt him saying I don't want j to bother me
And if he wants he can get contact with me through his lawyer, but I don't think he will do that , I really think he will just turn up at my doorsteps .
What income do you and your current husband have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know his income and he wouldn't tell me . I have £1600 a month
I am sorry - you do not know how much your new husband earns?
Can you ask him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oh my New husband , sorry I thought you meant my ex husband . He earns 30k a year.
Can you raise a mortgage and buy your ex out of the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What you mean by raising mortgage ?. I don't think he will go for buying him out. What about him entering the property where I live ? Can he just enter it?.
What is the best solution for what I said in my first email.
HI
I assume you do not wish to sell the property and move?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't sell it because we won't get any profit at this time.

HI
The figures you give suggest an equity of £10,000 - is that not correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Roughly , yes because the house has gone underpinning recently which knock off from the price around 20k.
Please could you let me know if he can just enter the property even when we are divorced ? I am scared what he could do if he really turn up aty doorstep
I am sorry but as a joint owner of the property he is entitled to return to the property whenever he wishes.
If he is violent when he comes then you can obtain an Order excluding him.
Your only other option is to obtain an order allowing you to remain in the property without him by making an application under Schedule 1 of the Children Act.
However the fact that you have remarried make sit less likely that the court will allow this - on the grounds that you could sell the property and purchase an alternative home.
It seems likely that his major aim is to cause you distress and on that basis a robust approach to the threat would be the best way forward.
This should include investigating whether or not you and your current husband can raise a mortgage to release your ex and have the house transferred into your name - which would mean he was no longer entitled to return to the property
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Who I suppose to contact regards XXXXX XXXXX mortgage?

You should approach a local mortgage adviser
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to report him for not paying child maintenance so when he cross the border they would know and maybe they could stop him at the border

Do you have a court order for maintenance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes , from Poland .He should pay £180 a month what he doesn't do .

Then you have to apply to enforce the Order in Poland since that is where he works
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but can I notify child maintenance in London because his daughter lives here ?. are they gonna be able to help anyway?

No i am afraid there is no help that you can get in the Uk as he has no income here.
If he was working here then you could apply to enforce the Order here - but since he is not there is no point in doing so
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years