13262538

Hi I am going through a divorce me and my ex wife lived with

Hi I am going through a divorce me and my ex wife lived with my parents but I had property which was under my name but was not mine it was my brothers we Made a deed of trust in 2005 and in march 2013 my wife filed for divorce my brother panicked and said he wanted his property back I signed it back over to him on June 2013 and now my wife's lawyers are saying I done this on purpose can you tell me is my brothers property safe or not
The only reason the property was in my name was because my brother was a student back in 2002 when he bought the property he could not get a morgage so I got him the loan he put the deposit down
What evidence do you have of the original Trust deed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare I have the original copy and I know witness that signed it aswell

That is good news
Just to check however - did you use a solicitor to have it drawn up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i did

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare i did use a solicitor

thanks

That is excellent news.
Get all the paperwork together - including any copy letters from the solicitor and send it to your ex's solicitor
Tell them that you never had a financial interest in the property to start with and that accordingly your ex has no claim upon it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare I have already done that but they are not having any off it all I want know if it goes to the court will my brothers property be safe or not

If your paperwork is as clear as you say it is and you can prove that the deposit was paid by him then yes it should be safe