Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

i have tried to make my marriage work but feel it is time to

Customer Question

i have tried to make my marriage work but feel it is time to move on and i think to separate would be the best for everyone. where do i start and what are my rights?
many thanks
michelle jobing
How long have you lived together and what do you wish to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

been married 10 years with 2 children aged 9 and 10. we've been together 12 years in total. we own our own home with a mortgage of about 130,000 but the house is worth approx 300,00. i haven't had it valued as yet. i would like to know if i can stay in the house. my thoughts are that he continues to pay 1000 a month into our joint account till next july when the mortgage payment will go down substantially. i would like to keep the house and in return i will make no claim to his police pension. i do earn more than him but i pay the bulk of cost, food, clothing, christmas, birthdays, school trips, clubs dinners etc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i also gave him 6000 to pay off debt and buy his 4th bike then i loaned 10,000 for him to buy a new car.

How much would a cheaper three bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I could probably get something for about 200,000 but I would need to spend 50k to put it right. Don't want to uproot kids. If this comes to fruition they are going to need some continuity.
HI
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each actually have?