13262538

My dad died 10 years ago and his house was in his name and

Customer Question

My dad died 10 years ago and his house was in his name and my mum lived in the house but wants to hand the house over to and my son how can I get the deeds but into my and my sons name
Where is your mother now living and did your father leave a Will?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She as moved out as she can't manage to do the repairs and no no will
Is your mother likely to have to go into a Care home in the future?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
How much is the house worth and what other assets did your father have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We don't know how much the house is worth as it needs a lot of work done to it and my dad doesn't have any assets I just want to know if my name can be put on the deeds of the house so it can be passed down to my 20 year old son
In order to transfer the property in your name you or your mother will first have to obtain Letters of Administration of your Father's estate so that the property can be transferred into your mother's name.
Once this has been done then she can sign a Deed of Gift Transferring it to you.
An alternative, if you are an only child, would be to have a Deed of Variation prepared and signed so that the House is transferred directly to you from the Estate
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details