13262538

my sons father has moved his girlfriend and 7 year old daughter

my sons father has moved his girlfriend and 7 year old daughter into his home. When my 3 year old son stays over alternate weekends, he is expected to share a small room with the 7 year old girl. I find this inappropriate and have raised my concerns. His father has told me its none of my business when my son is in his care. What are my rights in this case? Lisa
May I ask what your concerns are about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The bedroom is small . They have separate beds, however my son has told me that he has shared the daughters bed. He also told me she had asked him to take his pj bottoms off. He wasn't wearing a nappy or pants. The concerns were raised and he dad confirmed that it had happened. I asked for alternate sleeping arrangements to be made but he said no.
Lisa
What explanation was given for this concerning incident?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was no clear explanation. I still don't know. I asked Tyler if he was hot and he said yes but I didn't want to put words into his mouth so just advised him that he must sleep in his own bed and keep his pjs on.
Did you ask your ex what he HAD done to make sure that it does not happen again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and he said he'd spoken to her about it. But after the pj incident, that's when Tyler told me he'd shared the daughters bed. I'm finding it difficult to trust that they will be properly monitored through the night. I'm not sure how long he plans to keep this sleeping arrangement. My son struggles and needs routine.
In itself there is nothing objectionable to these arrangements - even in the fact that sometimes they share a bed
Were it not for this incident there would be no point in you attempting to take the matter further as you would get nowhere
Accordingly you have to assess how serious you actually believe this incident to be - was in fact he just hot or not
You can ask to discuss the issue with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) as you would have to do this before applying to the court to change the current contact arrangements
You may find this website useful
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
Please ask if you need further details