Glos solicitor
Glos solicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  10 years experience in all areas of family law, now specialising in cases involving social services and children
10739564

hi im planning on leaving my wife but i dont want to leave

hi im planning on leaving my wife but i dont want to leave my son with her can i take my son with me when i leave or will i be arrested for kidnapping i dont plan to leave the country and will obviously let his mother see him when ever she likes but she cant cope with him on her own shes already had one child taken from her(not my child it was from a previouse relationship) he was taken from her due to drug abuse which i believe she is still doing but have no proof also she has problems with alcohol and has be hospitalised many of time due to alcohol also she does nothing for our son i do it all all she does is stay in bed all day but befor i leave her i need advice regarding my son
Expert:  Glos solicitor replied 3 years ago.

Glos solicitor :

Glos solicitor :

thanks for your question

Glos solicitor :

As you are married to your son's mother you have parental responsibilty for him and that gives you joint legal standing with his mum

Glos solicitor :

as such if you remove him from her care, you will not have kidnapped him

Glos solicitor :

As soon as possible after you leave you need to tell your wife where your son is and make arrangements for contact

Glos solicitor :

Ideally you should then seek the advice of a solicitor to get a residence order and secure the situation

Glos solicitor :

I hope that is of assistance and you are in a position to accept the answer and leave a positive review

Customer:

thank you so much for your help