13262538

As part of my divorce settlement, my ex husband was ordered

As part of my divorce settlement, my ex husband was ordered to pay a monthly amount of child maintenance. After a couple of years i had a letter from the CSA informing me that he had contacted them and that the monthly paymen twould now be greatly reduced and paid through themselves, overriding the amount previously agreed by the court. Is he not bound by law to pay the amount as agreed on our divorce settlement?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that the law does indeed allow an application to be made to the CSA once any Court Order has been in place for at least 12 months.
At that point the assessment replaces that part of the Order
Sorry to have to give you such bad news - please ask if you need further details