13262538

RE CSA:My ex husband with whom we have a 5 year old son has

RE CSA:
My ex husband with whom we have a 5 year old son has two businesses in central London (cafeterias), although for CSA he claims he is only employed there part time. Google search brings his name as an owner of the company, as well as numerous blogs and web entries state him as an owner. Up until recently he paid £122 in maintenance per month, but after I reported to CSA opening of the second business he stated that his income decreased and thus I was informed by CSA that the payments will be £90 from now on. Is there a way to find out the true financial situation or is it useless to do something? Some people are saying that if a man decided to hide his assets and has a good accountant it is next to impossible to find out anything...Also I would not be surprised if his father, who lives abroad, or his current spouse (the stepmother to my son) has all assets written in their names.
Have you appealed the first assessment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your response.

No, I did not appeal to CSA's calculation because I do not have any more information to provide to them on which I can appeal.

They calculate child maintenance based on information my ex provides to them, thus I truly do not see the point in wasting any more of my time with the CSA (I have been dealing with them and providing information, trying to understand their calculations from 2011).

Ruta

HI
Unfortunately the CSA are your only option
However for reasons I do not understand they do not include Dividends on their first assessment - but do (correctly) use them when asked to do a re-assessment
You are entitled to a full copy of your CSA file under the Freedom of Information Act and you can use that to double check the figures that they have used.
You can also get assistance from this group
www.nacsa.org.uk
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is not the answer I was looking for.

I am sorry that you felt my service was poor which means that I get no credit for my time and which is not necessary for and does not trigger a response
Based on what you have said you CAN ask for a reassessment on the basis that they have not taken account of dividends he receives
Alternatively you may be able to commission a full financial report from a Private investigator - although that is likely to be expensive
You could also apply for a variation based on the fact that his lifestyle does not meet his declared income although then he may well hide behind his wife's income