13262538

my sisters ex partner has told a social worker that he cant

my sisters ex partner has told a social worker that he cant move closer to where his sons live because he fears aggressive behaviour from my family. Non of my family is violent, we have never been in any trouble for any sort of aggressive behaviour. This statement is going to be part of a court case so in the public eye. Is there anything we can do to prevent this statement
Why are Social Services involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my sister has emotional problems that the social workers say is effecting her children so they want them to go to live with their father. In my opinion the problems aren't that serious and I believe it is the threat of living with their father that is upsetting them. we have a large family who support my sister with her sons. Their father is by himself. I suppose the social workers suggesting that we are all violent makes any support we can give my sister suspect. There are no grounds for this statement though

Are the current proceedings Care proceedings or a dispute between the parents?
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the proceedings are care proceedings. The social workers want to send the children to live with their father and my sister will have access alternate weekends if they win. The children are twelve and nine

I assume that your sister will be refuting the allegation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes she will - but I would prefer to be able to stop them being made in the first place

I am sorry but there is no way of doing that
The father can make any statements that he wishes - it is for the court to decide whether or not they are accurate.
I am sorry, I know that this is not the news that you wanted, but please ask if you need further details