Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi.Im in the process of a messy break up from a partner

Customer Question

I'm in the process of a messy break up from a partner that I have a child of six years with. I have been in a relationship with the mum and lived at her house on and off for the last 7 years. in that time I have contributed around £300 / week to the household and regenerated her house to bring it up to a high standard. Now that she has broken up the relationship I feel as though I might be entitled to some kind of settlement for the monies she would ultimately make on her property if she was to sell up. What are my legal rights if any for this to be carried out? I would like to add that the cash has just passed hands and most if not all the utility bills are in her name.

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What work have you done/paid for on the property?
What was the monthly mortgage payment?