Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi, my partner and I have lived together for some twenty years.

Customer Question

Hi, my partner and I have lived together for some twenty years. Only her name is XXXXX XXXXX house which cost £42,000 using money from her ex. After we got together my ex paid me 20,000 euros. (£17,000) this money along with all other money - earnings from both - went into our dual account. I have no separate money. My pension of £500 is also paid into the account. Ten years ago her father (now 91) came to live with us. My partner works and so I have daily care of her father - making his meals taking him out etc. My partner does not want to get married and does not want my signature on the house deeds. She has a very close bond with her eldest son who has no liking for myself. I am beginning to feel vulnerable. How can I ensure that, in the event of her death, that the son will not kick me out and how can I ensure that my kids get something out of it if I die?
How much is the property worth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

£140,000

Have you tried to discuss this with your partner?