How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

Hi Ive been married with my husband since 2010. Unfortunately

Customer Question

I've been married with my husband since 2010. Unfortunately our marriage isn't working any more,therefore I will separate from my husband. There is a child involved of 3yrs old and a property owned by him before the marriage which is mortgage ones.
Will he have to share with me money after the property will be sold?? I have to mention that the mortgage is only on his name.
Many thanks XXXXX
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Where will you and your child live?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The house is worth around 200, 000£.

outstanding balace on the mortgage is around 170,253,05£

no other assets apart of 2cars both on his name

my annually income is not more than 7000. 00£

His income is over 18000,00 £ annualy

i and my son will leave in a private rented house possibly paid by house benefit



Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Would you not prefer to remain in your current home?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no . At the moment II'm leaving in a rented house with my son and my husband as we moved from his own house due to changing in his place work and he rented his own house for a period of almost 3yrs.

so what advantages will I have to remain in his house?




Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi Violeta
Do you want to return to your old home?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


no I don't want right now but in the nearest future yes but I don't know how to do that as I said the house is already rented for almost 3years .




Related Family Law Questions