Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi I am in a same relationship we are not in a civil partnership

Customer Question

Hi I am in a same sex relationship we are not in a civil partnership or marriage and we have 2 children which I am the biological mother and my partner is named as the 2nd parent. We have decided out relationship has come to an end and I am wondering where I stand financially. My partner has a dental practice which I also work in although the past 2.5 years I have only done a minimal amount due to child care we live together and she did put 2/3 rds of the money towards the purchase of the house and I got a mortgage for the rest. My partner then changed this and we have a joint mortgage which is about paid off. I want to leave the home with the children but I have no idea if I am entitled to anything regarding the house and other assets. I would be grateful for some advice.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old are the children and what income does your ex have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for getting back to me the house has an offset mortgage which has enough to be money in to pay it off. The children will be 3 in August they are twins and my partner earns about 36000 per year.
How much is the house worth and how much would an alternative two bedroom property cost to buy?