13262538

child maintanence in northern ireland

Customer Question

hi, i am being pursued by child maintanence in northern ireland from my ex partner as we both live in northern ireland. my ex denies me access to my 11 month girl,so i have no wish to pay for a child i cannot see.Child support are requesting i pay and are now threatening lega action.If i move to scotland or the republic of ireland, could i still end up paying child support/can child support pursue payment if i live in another country? I am a single father of a 14 year old son.I have had full custody for 10 years.He is from another relatanionship.

My name is Clare I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that maintenance and contact are not linked.
You are free at any time to apply for contact with your daughter and from what you have said there is no reason why you should be successful.
So far as maintenance is concerned if you move out of the Jurisdiction but within the UK then the CSA can still enforce the assessment
If you do to Eire then the CSA will not be involved - but the mother can apply to the courts for a maintenance order which can then be enforced in Eire under EU regulations
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details