13262538

I am worried my ex wife (decree absolute and clean break going

Customer Question

I am worried my ex wife (decree absolute and clean break going through in next 8 weeks) will move to another county far from the one we are in now(over six hour drive) with our three year old. She has done it before but came back after two months but a mutual friend has said she has been house hunting up there again. I have parental responsibility and we have been to court once as she withdrew contact, through mediation we sorted out a child care plan that does work, but is there something I could be doing to prevent her moving away ever? The judge told us we had until 31st of July to use the second court date if needed. Would a shared parenting order prevent her moving away? Confused as to what, if anything I should be doing in terms of prevention. Thanks.
What contact do you currently have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I currently have my daughter every other weekend and mon and wed 4 until 7
It would be sensible to get a Child Arrangement Order setting out the arrangements - which would mean that if she wished to move that far away she would have to apply to change the arrangements since they would no longer be workable
You could also ask for a Prohibited Steps Order stating that she cannot move the child without consulting you first.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details