Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My family is divided, I am the mother to a fourteen year old

Customer Question

My family is divided, I am the mother to a fourteen year old and an eleven year old boy and nine year old girl .. I divorced the father around 2006?.. However, the 11 and 9 year old stayed with him and the 14 year old lives with me due to the father being violent to him. My other children regularly tell me they would like to live with me and I would love to have them more, but the father and them live 17 miles away and I am seeing all the more that when ever the father wishes to go anywhere or has things to do he always calls upon one of his ex girlfriends who he has had a young child with, to have my children. I have told him that this hurts me and that if my children need anything I can get it or if he needs to go anywhere, then it is me who he should ask to have our children NOT an ex girlfriend. What can I do about this?