13262538

Amicable Divorce? I have been split up for 18months from my

Amicable Divorce?
I have been split up for 18months from my wife and 2 children and I'm now in a new relationship (that the wife has no issues / problems with). I have a good amicable relationship with the wife, pay over the odds for maintenence that I am happy to do. She has had 1/2 hr legal advice and we have a mutually acceptable deal where I give the house over and we keep all other financial arrangements as they are inc pensions. She has suggested that we attend the same solicitors to draw up the agreement made, then divorce in Jan 15 (2 yrs apart). Can this be done amicably? and would it work ? We have remained this way to ensure the kids lifestyles remain as they were
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you.
There is absolutely no reason why this should not work,
What is being suggested is a separation agreement dealing with the finances which will eventually be turned into as court order.
The only point I need to make is that the same solicitor cannot act for both of you - so one of you needs to instruct them - but this can be on the basis of what you have actually agreed.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details