13262538

i have separated from my husband we were married 24 years but

i have separated from my husband we were married 24 years but dont have any children. I earn around a third more than him - does this mean i can keep more of our assets? Or should it be split 50/50?
What assets and debts are there including pensions and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Husband £45,000 annual salary civil servant so will be 50% of final salary pension due at age 62. Born 1966

Me £70,000 also civil servant so 50% pension at age 62 born 1968

Own house £450,000 with a £256,000 mortgage also own a flat worth £250,000 with no mortgage. Both properties in joint names.

Also have a flat in Bulgaria but is negative equity in joint names, has a mortgage around £40,000 but only worth £30,000

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I should have said we have an £800 furniture loan finishes is January and have a car worth £2000 and a motorbike worth £6000 but no other loans
HI
Given the length of the marriage the starting point for the division of all the assets is 50/50 and on that basis there is little likelihood that the court will depart far from this.
There may also be a Pension Sharing Order to balance out the pensions so that they are equal.
However it is unlikely that you will have to pay any spouse maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details