Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi, my husband began a relationship with one of my friends

Customer Question

Hi, my husband began a relationship with one of my friends 3 weeks ago and has moved in with her. We have have agreed to get divorced but proceedings have not yet begun. Our 8 year old son has been displaying severe signs of anxiety and I have been advised by a friend who is a child and adolescent psychotherepist that they are consistant with anxiety disorder. My husband wants to tell our son about his new situation this weekend and may take him to stay with his new partner. If he will not agree to wait 2 weeks until I have finished working and can be around all the time for my son should he need extra support to cope with this news, do I have the right to prevent my husband from seeing him?
For clarity - he has been in this relationship for only three WEEKS and wants to tell him?