13262538

Can a judge force the sale of a property in france as part

Customer Question

Can a judge force the sale of a property in france as part of a divorce settlement
What other assets are there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Main property is in my name and not being contested, 2nd UK property in joint names she will have that house, this has 95k mortgage on it current value £125,000 and I will pay £40K off the mortgage leaving 55k

I have 2 pensions but these are not being contested in the payout.

I have agreed to let her use the Lease Car for the next 2 1/2 years and pay £750 a month untill she finds a job.

The sticking point is the house in france which we bought in joint names and Mortgage payments ares 2K a month, house purchased for 256000 euros current value between 200,000k - 250,000 and if put up for sale could take up to 2 years to sell but she feels she should have £15K as her share.

I have already bought new furnature for the house she will move into and she will take some items from both main house and french house all been agreed

if its easier to have a quick chat please call me on XXXXXXXXXXX Regards Colin

I am sorry but we are not allowed contact outside of this question and answer forum.
How much is outstanding on the mortgage of the french property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Around 200,000 Euros

How long have you lived together and how much is the equity in the property you are keeping?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have been together 12 years equity in my property is approx £100K in the house she is having approx £30k

I had the property before we were together

On that basis her request does not seem unreasonable given that it is a property held in joint names
The Court can Order the sale of the property - or can give her a larger share of Uk assets instead - the question is whether you wish to run up the court costs as well
Please ask if you need further details