How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

My husband has been estranged for 10 years. We had an endowment

Customer Question

My husband has been estranged for 10 years. We had an endowment mortgage and were told it would be beeter for him to pay the endowment in his name and for me to have a small life assurance. The mortgage is now paid. We have 3 children which he paid nothing towards their up keep. I paid the mortgage payments for the last 9 years of the 25 year mortgage. The endowment being linked to the mortgage paid the capital balance. My husband no thinks he can claim 50% of the house.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth, what other assets are there and what income do you each have?