Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband has been estranged for 10 years. We had an endowment

Customer Question

My husband has been estranged for 10 years. We had an endowment mortgage and were told it would be beeter for him to pay the endowment in his name and for me to have a small life assurance. The mortgage is now paid. We have 3 children which he paid nothing towards their up keep. I paid the mortgage payments for the last 9 years of the 25 year mortgage. The endowment being linked to the mortgage paid the capital balance. My husband no thinks he can claim 50% of the house.
How much is the house worth, what other assets are there and what income do you each have?