tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of family law issues.
73598664

Can I get a restraining order out on someone who has threatened

Can I get a restraining order out on someone who has threatened that she would get me by the throat and on a separate occasion threaten to throw me over a balcony? These threats were done when children were present all under age of 7 years old. The person giving the threats is a primary school teacher
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi - thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Can I ask why he is doing this please?

Customer: She has a personal vendetta of revenge on me as an affair happened between her husband and myself and she wants to take revenge on me by any means possible with threatening and intimidating behaviour
Customer: i have great concern that she will carry out these threats of violence should she get that chance to as she made the threats while children were present in the same room
tdlawyer :

I see. Okay. Then this sounds like it's a form of harassment on her part, as well as physical battery upon you.

tdlawyer :

You should consider contacting the police and reporting this, both harassment and battery are criminal offences.

tdlawyer :

If you don't want to use the police, then you would be entitled to go the civil route, and seek to issue a claim for an injunction and damages both for the harassment and the battery.

tdlawyer :

I'm assuming she actually has grabbed you at some point.

tdlawyer :

If not, then this isn't battery, it's assault (if you feared that she would do it).

Customer: She hasn't physically touched me just made the threats to and has also threatened to involve my 6 year old and 4 year old children in the situation by telling the things, which is intimidating and which is obviously way over their levels of understanding and totally unprofessional behaviour for a primary school teacher. Would I be able to get a harassment order on her then to stop her coming near me and my family?would the police take this seriously?
tdlawyer :

The police will take this seriously, they have to.

tdlawyer :

They will undoubtedly warn her - they usually always do this.

tdlawyer :

That way, if it happens again, they have the ability to arrest and charge.

Customer: Thank you for your help
tdlawyer :

You're very welcome.

tdlawyer :

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Customer: No thank you , you have been most helpful
tdlawyer :

Thank you. XXXXX just check you're happy with the service today?