13262538

Hi I have been spilt now from my ex husband for 3.5 yrs, he

Hi I have been spilt now from my ex husband for 3.5 yrs, he accepted the divorce proceedings in march 2013 of which isnt still through. The decree nisi was on the 29th April 2014 and the decree absolute due for 11th june 2014. we have no house no children to separate or to sort out only a small endowment policy worth 11.000 to split equally. I havnt used a lawyer as i didnt feel the cost out weighed what i was going to gain. I have paid for the divorce direct to the courts and also paid upfront for the decree absolute.
My question is i feel that his lawyer is really dragging her heels as back in december she said she would be making a consent contract and we have had to fill in a d81 form, she has been making and messing these 2 documents uo since december and we are now into week 4 of 6 of the period of when the documents have to be submitted to the court in between the decree nisi and the absolute. I have ended up downloading the d81 form and filled it in and sent it back to her correct just for her to sign as she has power of attorney for my ex husband which she received that 9 days ago and still not sent back to me for me to submit to the court. I am worried she is dragging her heels so the divorce will not go through either on her clients say so or just he lack of professionalism i feel the later. what can i do to make her hurry up and will it hold my divorce up if she submits right before the decree absolute
Is this an Order simply dismissing all future claims?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes its a consent contract so say if he comes into money or ido we cant claim on it

Then there is no urgency to the Order and it does not need to be made before the Decree Absolute - it can be applied for at any time
accordingly you can apply for the Decree Absolute as soon as you can do so - and file the Consent application as and when you can
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details