Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My wife and i have an amicable seperation after 20 years of

Customer Question

My wife and i have an amicable seperation after 20 years of being togther and 14 married. We have a 7 year old daughter - we have spent hours on working through finanaces, child arrangements etc. We are both happy with what we have prepared.

However - we both want to obatin mortages and need a "contract" that is enforcable inplace PRIOR to the Nisi and subsequent consent order. Otherwise obatiing a mortgage will be difficult. It would be our view that the contract could then roll forward and become the consent order with no changes

So if we were to have one drafted - is it legally binding and could the judge or my wife or I change things at the consent order stage?
Have divorce proceedings been started - if so how far has it reached?