13262538

I have 2 children 7years and 9years, I would have one on a

Customer Question

I have 2 children 7years and 9years, I would have one on a Saturday,then the following Saturday both,then the other one the next,so we had a one to one,also in the week on a Tuesday and Thursday evening after work. Now she wants me to have them both every Saturday from 9am to 5am and write it in a contract,which I can,t be late picking them up ,or what if I have to work? otherwise I don,t get to see them again. I just want it to be how it was before, my point is can she make me sign this sort of contract?
What time do you have them now?
How often do you have to work on a Saturday?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well at the moment she has stopped me seeing them and not even speaking to them on the phone. I am self employed and so if I need to work on a Saturday I have to but really try not too so as to see the children, and that is why I do not want to sign this contract but want it back to how it was before which did work.

The law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
It is perfectly reasonable for her to ask that you have the children together and to have a set arrangement.
However she cannot stop contact just because you are late or because one Saturday you are not able to have them
You need to discuss matters with her using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) and agree a Parenting Plan
http://www.parentingplan.co.uk/
But if that fails and she still prevents contact then you may have to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out when you se them
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details