13262538

I married 6 months ago, my second marriage. I have made the

Customer Question

I married 6 months ago, my second marriage. I have made the biggest mistake of my life & I have to divorce him. He lives in my house, pays no bills. Is he entitled to the substantial equity I have in my property. He still has his own house
Has there been any physical violence at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No violence but he has sexually abused me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there hasnt been violence. He has sexually manipulated & abused me. The only thing I can compare it to is "grooming". I'm 52 how can I have let this happen. Im in turmoil help me please

Please do not let this destroy you - we all make mistakes and we all have the capacity to misjudge people.
You cannot start divorce proceedings until you have been married for at least a year - but you can stop behaving like a wife and ensure that from now on you do none of his cooking cleaning washing or shopping - making it clear that he is no longer welcome in the home even though you cannot immediately force him to leave.
If there is any physical violence you must call the police - and you can then obtain an order excluding him from the property
Since your was only a short relationship he has no claim on the equity in your property - nor you on his
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details