13262538

My husband and I are seperated.he reluctantley left our dog

My husband and I are seperated.he reluctantley left our dog with me. He now wants to have the dog for a week. Cani stop him doing this?
Who is registered as the owner of the dog?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband is the registered owner but when he left he had nowhere to keep the dog. The dog has lived with me for the past 18months.

I am afraid that despite what we mat feel in the eyes of the law a dog is a possession just like any other item and it belongs to the person who paid for the dog or to whom it was given as a gift.
The fact that he is the Registered owner means that if this goes to court then wither he will get the dog - or the dog will have to be sold and the proceeds divided between you
I am sorry - I know that this is not what you wish to hear - but sadly it is the law
Please ask if you need further details