13262538

My husband has had an affair-what child maintenance and financial

Customer Question

My husband has had an affair-what child maintenance and financial support am I entitled to from him to keep them with me in the family home.
They are 10,12 and 15
How often do they stay with him overnight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is still here with me at the moment -I only found out on 21st of May and since then have obtained phone records (he got rid of his phone!)

I need to obtain the information -the children will stay with me he will move to his parents so in effect I will be a single mum

Thankyou

Who owns the house - how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Joint ownership of house value approx. 250K-No mortgage, also have 2 houses on a virgin account worth a total of approx. 220K ?? owe 200K on these (Rent covers loan repayment)

3 cars worth approx. total of 20K

Then his only liability will be for Child maintenance - at 30% of his GROSS income from all sources - with a reduction if he has the children more than 52 nights a year
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long would he need to pay child maintenance for ?All my children are aiming to go to college/university so will require financial support to support there further education

I am afraid that unless he agrees to an Order which extends it then Child Maintenance payable to you ends when they finish secondary education or turn 20 whichever comes first.
However if they do go on to tertiary education then they can make an application in their own right