13262538

If I end my employment due to relocation do I have to continue

If I end my employment due to relocation do I have to continue Paying spousal support
When was the Order made and how soon are you likely to obtain alternative employment
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

The order was made 4 years ago I tried renegotiating the payment In court around 18 months ago with out success.

I am unsure of when I will be able to find alternative employment due to the job market in the south west

I suspect I know the answer - but please confirm that your ex is unlikely to agree to it being dropped?
Will you be receiving any pat in lieu of notice in any redundancy payment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Correct it is unlikely that she will Agree. There will be no redundancy but will be 2 weeks pay in lieu of notice.

I have attached a letter that I plan to forward on.

Please advice

Attachment: 2014-05-28_080751_letter_to_paula.docx

I am sorry - I had not realised that this was a voluntary move - and that it is you who has relocated and not your job.
How much are you meant to pay a month and what capital assets do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I currently Pay £500 per month. I have a car that I am still paying for and my wife has capital of £30,000 from the sale of HER house.

I have zero savings or investments

As you can imagine £500 per month for the past 4 years as left me zero capital

Mark

What was your income whilst in work - and what will you live off - and where will you live?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My income was 35k per annum. I will be supported by my wife's income until I find something. We are currently living in a rented house funded for with the capital from my wifes house sale the rent is currently £795 per month.

Mark

Whilst there is nothing wrong with you letter if you do not get a prompt response you MUST make an immediate application to the court for a downward variation or dismissal of the Spouse maintenance Order as otherwise arrears will accrue which she can subsequently enforce
You may face some problems from the court on the basis that you have voluntarily given up your job making a temporary suspension rather than total dismissal more likely
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details