13262538

Me and childrens father seperated recently (within the last

Me and childrens father seperated recently (within the last couple of months) His girlfriend of 15 months (of which i was totally unaware of!!!) has contacted me today to inform me of their relationship and also of the fact that he has been driving our kids around in his car while under the influence of drink and drugs. I have told him that due to driving the children around under the influence that I don't want him to have any unsupervised contact with them. previously he stayed with us on a saturday / saturday night, (this was due to me not trusting him to be alone with the children due to his excessive drinking) but as his infidelity has come to light, i don't think this arrangement will work anymore. what are my rights regarding stopping his contact with the children?
thankyou
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oldest is 3 in september (girl) and the youngest is 2 in july (boy)

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
However that contact needs to be safe for the children (and for you) - and clearly it is not appropriate for this to happen in the home
Accordingly it would be sensible to offer contact at a local Contact centre (www.naccc.org.uk) so that you can be sure that the children are safe.
You should offer to discuss this with your ex using family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details