Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi I was named as a co-respondant in my Partners divorse

Customer Question

I was named as a co-respondant in my Partners divorce and proceedings was pending in October last year I was unable to attend because I was taken in to hospital on a pre-opertion complication, i submitted a application to the court for another date to dispute the costs, which I attended in March this year. However my application has co-respondant for costs was dismissed and me the co-respondant was to pay the Petinioners costs £480.00 within 14 Days in which was paid.

I recieved a phone call yesterday that the solicitors for the pettioner have tried to contact me by Phone and I had not returned which I have know knollege of! except an answerphone message yesterday. I returned the call and was informed that the orignal costs of £1,574.44 was owed by me and I have to pay it or recieve a bailiff to collect the costs and the £480 was just for that day but does not mention that in the order to pay anyother costs Where do I stand ?

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

What is the exact wording of the Order that you received?
Was the Respondent also ordered to pay costs?