How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  UK solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX am from poland but i live in the

Resolved Question:

hello my name is ***** ***** am from poland but i live in the UK with my girlfriend for the past 8.5 years.
we want to get married in the ukl and my question is what sort of doctument are needed and how much it? and where i can sort it out?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

You will have to make an appointment with your local registry office for them to take you through the process, but you will have to prove your identities with either:-
• passport
• birth certificate
• driving licence
• national identity card
• immigration status document

You should ensure that you take two of the above.

You will then have to prove your addresses with any of the following:-
• gas, water or electricity bill
• bank statement
• Council Tax bill

If you have been married before then there will be further documents to produce to show that you are divorced, possibly with translations

You will then have to give notice of your marriage at the registry office for which a £35 fee is payable. On marriage you will have to pay £45 to have your marriage registered.

You can search for your local registry office here:-

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions