Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

hi claire, just call me lorina...i was in a relationship for

Customer Question

hi claire, just call me lorina...i was in a relationship for 6 yrs with my partner. i bought a house, nearly 3 yrs now, he stayed with me here and he did all the works in the house. i paid him back in all the expenses he done. now, the relationship is been bad to worst for we always argued even in a small things and we never enjoyed spending time together, he might be but im not. in 6 yrs we are together, i needed to do a night shifts for us not to have any arguements everytime we are together. now, i asked him to move out last 2nd week of may, told him that i need my space. asked him to move out before july...my family are on my back bec they like him and they are worried that my ex partner will may take me to court...please advise me...thank you...
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Has he moved out? When did you separate as a matter of fact? When did he move out? Have you paid him back for everything he did?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi, he used his debit card in buying those materials but i paid him back every single penny he spent in my house. he had the receipts...i will try to look in my file if he gave it to me but i. very positive that i paid him back...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he has not oved out yet but he said that he will moving out end of june...i ended up our relationship last jan this year...he expected that i am not true to my words...bec we always argued on the 6 yrs we are together...
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
As long as he has not been financially damaged as a result of his contribution to the relationship he would have no claim against you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you very much for your reply...gave me peace of mind for the meantime....
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome. Don't forget to leave positive feedback on the system so that I am credited for my time.