13262538

Hi i am an eu sitizen and am living in the uk with my doughter

Hi i am an eu sitizen and am living in the uk with my doughter , my husband and my two suns are living in another country,not an eu county. My question is this, my husband and i are divorcing in the country that my husband is living in , will i have to go through divorce through the uk court aswell because i'm living here or is the divorce i will get be accepted in the uk?
Where does your husband live?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for responding.

My husband and two suns ara living in Israel, my husband is an Israeli citizen and has no other nationalities

Then the UK will recognise the Israeli divorce and there is no requirement to go through any proceedings here in the UK
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

My concern is if i die and i did not divorce in the uk but in Israel could my x husband be liabe by law to take any of the inheritance i would leave to my children. and if yes so how do i make shour he he will not be able to do so

It does not matter where you divorce - if you are divorced then you can leave your assets to whomsoever you wish