13262538

Hi csa are wanting me to pay £92.70 per week for next 12 weeks

Customer Question

Hi csa are wanting me to pay £92.70 per week for next 12 weeks then it goes to £50.30 for one week then £35.00 per week thereafter. I only earn £1,018 for 37.5 hours but due to go to 22.5 hours earning much less - obviously my payments will alter. I got divorced in 2008 and it cost me £14,371.33 it now costs me just under 18K this is attached to my house as I could not afford to pay for my divorce. I do not claim anything. I am really struggling. I have sent csa my outgoings and I send them every month my payslip....they do not care and do not answer my questions. Can you help me please? Tracey
How much are the arrears?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my arrears are £519.70

Tracey

How did the arrears arise and how many children are there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have two children one aged: 20 and the youngest will be 18 in December.

I have been paying my payments that I needed to pay or so I thought, in accordance to me being on the dole then finding work. I cannot believe that they have got me into debt surely they should have told me if I was. They even gave me a refund of over £300. Not sure why they give back in one hand to take from the other. If my salary is now £1,018 p/m only until end of July and then I go down to 22.5 hrs - not sure how much I will get. But with all my bills and legal aid to pay I cannot afford this.

Sorry if I do not respond straightaway, I work in Leeds and do not get home until around 6.30 pm.

Tracey

Is your 18 year old still in secondary education?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes she is at 6th Form

Tracey

My apologies for the delay
May I ask when the CSA first became involved and how did the arrears arise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare,

I have answered that question on how did the arrears arise.

Sorry but I am not continuing on with this as I do not feel that you can help me you just keep asking question after question which in your position you should ask all at once. I feel that you are delaying answering so that you will get more money. Very disappointed in you Clare. No wonder the legal system is so very rich.

HI
I am sorry - the amount that you have already paid covers all of these queries - there is nothing extra payable
I need to know when the CSA assessment was first made in order to work out which scheme you are on and how much you should be paying
The amount paid is always a percentage amount so sending the CSA lists of outgoings is always pointless.
I am still confused as to how and when the arrears actually arose - but £35 a week is what you should be paying on the income that you currently have
They are deducting the maximum amount that they can in order to recover the arrears and that is something that you can challenge -especially if the arrears were caused by mistakes on their part (quite likely)
Accordingly you should write and ask for a breakdown of the arrears and offer to pay them back at £5 a week which will ensure that arrears are paid within two years - if they are in fact due
Please ask if you need further details
Can I help you any further?