13262538

I am a married man but left my wife 6 months ago. The house

I am a married man but left my wife 6 months ago. The house is in her name but I have paid half of everything for the last 19 years that we have had the house. She cannot afford to buy me out and has told me that because the house is in her name she dosnt have to sell. I am still paying half of everything as my wage still goes into the joint bank account while I am living in a box room at my brothers house. If I rent somewhere I wont be able to afford to keep paying my half of the mortgage and bills on the house - would this also affect my rights to making her sell?? and can I make her sell the house ??? as I need money to get my own place

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How long have you lived together and are there any children?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The house is worth around £100,000 and there is about £50,000 left on the mortgage - we have lived together for 22 years but bought the house 19 years ago - we have a daughter aged 19 but she no longer lives at home. Really sorry I am going to bed now as have work tomorrow but will keep this page open on my laptop to answer any other questions you may need to ask

How much do you each earn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry clare - I earn around £430 per week with my new job but used to earn around £350 and my wife earns around £250 per week

May I ask why you are still paying half of the bills on the house when you do not live there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Because just want to do the right thing and also if I don't my wife can't afford t pay so may lose the home. I also feel guilty because I left because I had an affair
Whilst I respect those feelings the simple fact is that you do not have to pay the bills on a house that you are no longer living in.
In any event it is important that your ex starts to adjust to her new situation and her financial position.
In the event of a divorce the starting point for the division of all the assets is 50/50 and it is likely that the court will indeed order the sale of the property unless your ex can raise the money to pay you off\
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details