13262538

my husband walked out on me when i was 2 months pregnant. we

Customer Question

my husband walked out on me when i was 2 months pregnant. we had a fight on holiday- he is said this was the reason ( his family dosnt like me) when i asked him to meet me and talk things through he told me to have an abortion and also that he is with some one else. literaly 2 weeks he got back from holiday he found someone else. i was left to pay my expensive rent and bill but was working so i didnt move out the flat. before baby was due we met and he told me that he will start paying my rent once baby born and he was happy that i kept the baby. he paid rent once and now he said he dosnt want to get involved any more. he dosnt care about the baby and he will not pay my rent. baby was due in april and now i am on mat leave and cannot afford paying my rent. i really dont know whether i should stay here and start with divorce process.
he has no savings but is owner of his company that he started when we met. company turnover is 1.7 mil pound. will me and my baby get anything out of this divorce??
What income does your ex have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for replying.

his net monthly income is £3000. and he get dividends at the end of the year, however he declares most of his income as business expences to avoid paying tax.

also he has land and a property abroad, but i am wandering whether he has changed the deeds of his assets the last 8 months we have been separated

also does he owe me any money for the 8 months i have paid rent and bills in full myself. he moved out in august last year.

How much would you need to purchase a two bedroom property for you and the baby?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well it depends where i purchase, my salary after tax is £1550/month.

i would need a mortgage and the lenders will not give me more then

100k, so for a property 2 bedroom costing 400k in zone 3 london i would need 300k deposit in cash.

me and my husband had the mortgage approved last year in september and we were buying a flat here in west kensington where i live for 420k and as soon as we came from holiday he sent a letter to our mortgage broker and canceled the application before we could sign it ... without telling me.

that was very upsetting....

Is that the cheapest property you would be able to find?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no of course not, there are much cheaper properties in london and outside london.

i guess i can get something ok for 300-350.

anyway i will have to accept whatever i can get,

you should also know that i moved to london from oxford 5 years ago with a promotion as assistant manager for HSBC bank and i was very successful at my job. since then i have not paid much attention to my career an didnt apply for managment positions because Ben kept saying to me once i have a baby he dosnt want me to work anymore to look after the baby. he also asked me to quit job a couple of years ago, but i refused. this means that now i have to change my lifestyle quite a bit because i need to start when i left 5 years ago and on top of that with another mouth to feed.

Are you likely to move out of London again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

maybe... it depends.

Whilst you have only been together a short time the fact that you are pregnant means that the priority for the Family Court in the event of a divorce is the safe and secure housing of your child (and you)
He will have to pay you child maintenance (12% of his gross income) and he may also have to pay Spouse Maintenance for a while until you are able to return to work.
The position with regard to your housing needs is more complicated
If he has sufficient capital assets then it is entirely possible that he could be ordered to give you sufficient capital to allow you to purchase a property - although some of those funds may be repayable when your child is 18.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for the advice,

so in your opinion how much am i likely to get from his capital assets, considering that he has no properties in uk, only 50% share owner of his business with turnover 1.7 mil.

also i owe a property in oxford which i bought 8 yeras ago before i met him.

do i have to share that property with him too?

thanks

How much is the equity in the property worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

property is worth now 300k and 200k is mortgage

How long have you lived together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we started going out 5 years ago, but lived together 3 years

Since you have already got a property it is likely that any lump sum that he is ordered to pay will be limited to sufficient to add to your own assets to allow you to house yourself and the baby