Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am currently living with my (our) son in a property which

Customer Question

I am currently living with my (our) son in a property which is worth(NNN) NNN-NNNN(morgage of 250000) which is jointly owned by me and my partner - he moved out 3.5 years ago into another property he owns solely. I have been paying the morgage on the house since he moved out) He now wants me to sell the house so that he can get half , what are my legal rights ? I do not want to rush into selling the house as I would rather buy him out if I could - We are not married but have owned this house for 16.5 years
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old is your son?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare thank you for your quick reply , the house is worth a million pounds , the morgage is 250,000 ,my son has just turned 17

How much do you earn - how realistic is it that you can but him out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i earn £45.000 - would having a tenant proving more income help?