13262538

I have a 6 month old son and I did not put his fathers name

Customer Question

I have a 6 month old son and I did not put his fathers name on the birth certificate. He is now putting a lot of pressure on me to add his name. The reason why I did not list him is that I want to have full custody of my child. I am ok with him seeing once every week but I don't want him to stay the weekend. he is saying that he will never ask for half custody and that he is happy as it is. I believe that once we have both moved on and he has met someone else his opion will change.
There may be an opportunity for me to move to Cyprus. if this is the case what would happen.
He has told me that he will go through the court and its just a matter of time that he will get his name on there with or without my agreement. if that's the case then I feel that I should do it now to save upset!
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Your ex is correct, if you do not agree to this then he can apply to the court and the Court will grant him Parental Responsibility.
In addition with or without Parental responsibility he is entitled to apply for overnight contact when the child is older - and he can apply to the court for an order preventing you from taking the child abroad until the issue of contact has been decided
I am sorry to give you bad news
Please ask if you need further details