13262538

Me and my civil partner have split up. She wants a payout for

Me and my civil partner have split up. She wants a payout for the house we have together. She has a substantial amount of money saved over the years we have been together am I entitled to ask for some of that. We have been together 16 years and civil partners for 8 years. The house is mortgaged in both our names.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What is the extent of the other assets and debts and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The house is worth approx one hundred and ten thousand. We owe approximately thirteen thousand on the house. I have a car which I have just bought with a loan of fifteen thousand and I have another loan of about four thousand that I am paying. My partner has no debts other than the mortgage. I earn approx twenty five thousand a year before tax. My partner earns approximately thirty two thousand a year. My partner also has some isas and savings of approx thirty five to forty thousand pounds. I hope this helps thanksClare
Where did the capital for the house purchase come from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We put a deposit down of three thousand pounds the remainder we mortgaged. Hope this helps Clare
Given the length of your relationship the starting point for the division of ALL the assets - including savings - will be 50/50 - and it is unlikely that the court will stray far from that
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details