13262538

My 9 yro son emailed my ex husband asking him if he would go

Customer Question

My 9 yro son emailed my ex husband asking him if he would go halves on some wrestling toys that he had seen. My ex husband emailed him back telling him that the maintenance money I receive each month should pay for them so ask mummy to buy the toys for you. Is this acceptable? I am of the opinion that maintenance payments are for living expenses not treats and toys.
In the same way, does the cost of clubs after school (ie karate and all the kit that goes with it) come out of maintenance or should that be considered separately and be split 50/50 between us?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Maintenance is meant to cover food clothing and housing - and every day expenses - which does include
out of school clubs and activities that the child does - but NOT toys - as those are not part of the necessities of life!
Indeed even Pocket money is NOT part of Child Maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details