familylawexpert
familylawexpert, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Substantial experience (14yrs +) in divorce, financial cases, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
75281287

Dear Sir,I am informed that as my daughter is paying the

Dear Sir, I am informed that as my daughter is paying the mortgage on her own her husband no longer has a claim on the house. Is this correct please. He had a affair and they have lived apart for 12 months now. Thank you, David

Ps.My daughters husband as well as paying no mortgage he pays no other upkeep of the house either. He pays £50.00 per week only for his six year old daughter.

Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question.

No, I am afraid you have been misinformed. The fact that your daughter is paying the mortgage is not enough of itself to ensure that her husband has no financial claim on the house.

The extent of his (and her) financial claims will depend on a number of factors including the length of the marriage, their respective expenditure needs, the needs of any children, their earning capacities, their ages etc. It is very discretionary area of law, but your daughter certainly should not think she is safe just because she pays the mortgage (I'm sorry to say).

I hope that is helpful.
Mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Mac,

Thank you for your reply, however may I ask are you a qualified person in this profession or are you someone who provides information from other sources.

David

Hello David,

I don't mind you asking at all. I am a solicitor who specialises only in family law. I am a partner, and have 10+ years experience.

Regards,
Mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Mac,

Thank you for your reply.

Excellent service and should I need expert service again I know who to come to.

Regards,

David

Thank you David.

If you have no further aspect to your question, I should be very grateful if you would rate my answer.

Regards,
Mac.