13262538

My daughter is 12 and a half and is sick and tired of her father

My daughter is 12 and a half and is sick and tired of her father complaining his access is not flexible enough .He has her and her 11 yr old brother each Tues 4.30 to 8 pm and friday 5pm until Sat 8pm.Also each 3rd weekend he has them from Fri 5pm until Sunday 8pm and has half of each school holiday.This arrangement was chosen by both children themselves as it gives them a settled life where they know what is happening without worry.Is there anything SHE can do through a solicitor or court without me having to pay as the divorce etc has cost over £18,000 which is money that was needed for the childrens care.We hae a life full of family,friends,activities and appointments eg dentists etc which we fit around her fathers access times but he wants to constantly contact us whenever he feels like it and change days or times.He hit me and left to live with another woman,Idivorced him on unreasonable behaviour.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can wait another couple of days for an answer . Thankyou.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Do you always agree to the changes - id so may I ask why?
What does your daughter wish to achieve?
clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no we do not agree to changes unless I get a messege to say they will be late home , which I can do nothing about.We keep telling him that we have a life and r not sitting around waiting to be ordered around by him.He is sending solicitors letters to force me to go to mediation to agree with what he wants but my children are doing what they want so he then accuses me of causing emotional damage to my children.My daughter wants her dad to leave me alone and to pay attention to what she wants.

Out of interest - would they not like to have more weekends with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

When they have had a long weekend with their dad I then have the next weekend as my long weekend.We then half all school holidays.It sounds complicated but is all written down at the start of each school year.

Melanie

Ah that makes more sense!
When did he last suggest mediation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Monday.I am not going to mediation with him .He is a charming bully and Ihave no wish to be in the same room as him just to give him the satisfaction of proving he still can control me.!!!!

Melanie.

Can my daughter do anything to stop her father trying to disrupt our lives ?

I am afraid that whilst she is under 16 you are the only one who can deal with the matter
However one option is to agree to mediation only with a mediator trained to work with young people so that the children's wishes can be part of the negotiations - and to only agree to shuttle mediation so that you do not have to be in the same room
So far as his contacting you is concerned limit is in any practical way that you can - keeping a phone that is only turned on when necessary if need be.
I am sorry - I know that this is not the news that you wanted - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years