13262538

Hi Is it true that shared residence orders are no longer given

Is it true that shared residence orders are no longer given please. If so when did this happen. One was applied for and the court accepted it and then on hearing was told that they are no longer given. My friend paid for it so has he any rights please? Should they have informed him
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In April there was a change in the wording use din Court Orders.
There are no longer Residence and Contact orders - there are instead only Child Arrangement Orders setting out the arrangements that have been made for the care of the children - which may well involve the children spending time living with both parents - what used to be called Shared Residence
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years