familylawexpert
familylawexpert, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Substantial experience (14yrs +) in divorce, financial cases, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
75281287

I own my house with my partner of 14 years we have 2 children

I own my house with my partner of 14 years we have 2 children and after a family disagreement can i stop them entering my property.
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question.

Is it your partner, your children, or all three whom you wish to stop entering your property?

And how old are the children?

Regards,
Mac.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes mac its my girlfriend of 14 trs and yes they are my children 2 and 9 and its her mum and dad with partners,i wish to stop after a disagreement to stop them crosssing the threshold of my joint held morgaged property.

regards

ian

Hello Ian,

You cannot stop your girlfriend (as she owns the property with you) from entering, or your children.

It is slightly more complicated with her family, but ultimately yes you could stop them coming in. It would be sensible in any event for your partner to agree that they won't come round if you didn't agree, otherwise you could both bring back people who would annoy the other, which would make life fairly intolerable for both of you.

Regards,
Mac.