13262538

My partner and I separated after 16 years, we have two daughters

Customer Question

My partner and I separated after 16 years, we have two daughters one is 12 the other 14 in July, I have them stay with me every other weekend. I also have them every Saturday and Wednesday. My children have been asking to live with me for the last few months because of arguments at home, on several occasions I have had to go and calm them down at my ex-partners home, however now they are talking of running away from their mothers home if I don't take them. I have no problem in having them, yes I would have to find a bigger home but financially I can support them and as I own my own company I can take whatever time I need to. The problem is my ex-partner will not agree to them living with me, and I don't want her to take it out on my children. Please can you advise me on anything I can do..thamkyou
What is the actual problem they are having with their mother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They say that she never has time for them since she has got a new guy, when the two of the girls argue and fight she just walks away from it, also they ask for things like a new haircut or a new mouse just recently for their computer and she says that she has no money all the time, but she has money for take aways for her and her boyfriend

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did reply to your question did you not get it?
My apologies for the delay
Given their ages the wishes of your daughters will be very important if the matter has to go to court.
However it would obviously be better if the matter could be dealt with out of court
Your starting point is to arrange to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation and a Mediator trained to work with young people so that your daughter's views can be brought to the negotiations.
If that fails then you will have to apply for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the girls live with you
More information here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
Please ask if you need further details