13262538

do I stop paying kid support money when josh 16 ... starts

Customer Question

do I stop paying kid support money when josh 16 ... starts 40 hour week train couse and get payed £500 month ?..and do I stop when Jordan get to 18 or till couse finishs next year ?
Do you pay via the CSA or a court order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no csa or court order ..me and x sorted it .I pay £200 a month .

Will your ex still get Child Benefit for either of them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

both I think

Hi So long as she receives Child Benefit for the children you will need to pay Child Maintenance as otherwise your ex can apply to the CMS (new CSA) for an assessment You have to pay so long as they are in full time (more than 12 hours a week) Secondary education. With regard to the 16 year old I suggest that in October you ask your ex for evidence that she is still receiving Child Benefit for both children and if she is continue payment in full. With regard to your older child you should pay until he has finished college I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details Clare