13262538

4year old granddaughter was told by her teacher that her mum

4year old granddaughter was told by her teacher that her mum was here to collect her, child stood up, another teacher pulled her by her arm to the floor and told her to sit,child stood again and again was pulled by her arm to the floor. My daughter got her child and came to the car, both were very upset,approached head,she listened then changed subject, what should we do? This was done in front of a class, with parents there, the children had just got back from a school trip.
Was the child hurt in any way?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, not physically, but was very upset and crying. She also said this morning, the teacher grabbed my arm, so it's still in her mind.
I am sure that it is.
Did the teacher apologise at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No,Zoe's mum was stood behind the teacher and she didn't even look round/up at her, my daughter heard her saying to Zoe, while holding on to her and forcing her to the floor, you will sit down, my daughter then took Zoe and the teacher said nothing. My daughter then went to see the head mistress and explained what had happened, she looked at Zoe and asked if she had had a nice day! We don't want to let this go, Zoe as just turned 4 on 28th May and loves going to nursery and had enjoyed her trip.
I fully agree with you that this cannot just be ignored - as you say it is in the child's mind and should not have happened.
However there is also an issue of proportionality - it was wrong but all that you require is an acknowledgement of that and an apology.
Your starting point is to write a clam and clear letter setting out what happened, and asking for an apology.
If there is none forthcoming then you will have to escalate the matter and write to the Chair of Governors and if that fails then to the Local Authority.
The major point is to keep the matter in proportion - whilst still looking for the apology
Please ask if you need further details